Thursday, 23 June 2016

The Point of Social Media

Nicki Edgell

I was thinking – what are we doing on here, those of us in business that is? What’s the point? And I concluded it’s seed planting; spreading seeds around the internet through social media, comments, blogs etc. See what takes, some will flower. There is a risk you annoy people with over posting, so mix it up, but this is less of a problem with businesses than personal stuff (it is important to distinguish the two). With businesses the potential market is millions so it doesn’t matter too much if 99% of readers ignore you, there will still be enough interest within the other 1%, and you don’t have a personal relationship (yet) anyway. Similarly don’t be afraid to repeat yourself. Social media is so fleeting many people will miss the first post but see the second one.

The other thing is it doesn’t even matter too much if no one is reading the stuff because google will! Therefore if nothing else it gets your links out there. So if someone is investigating Nikken (or any other company or product) on google it doesn’t matter if they see a link that is a website, a facebook post, a blog, a youtube video, or a tweet etc. The more words you have out there on the subject in any of these forms, the more chance google will lead a potential customer your way.

About the Author

Nicki Edgell

I am a clinical Psycho-neuro-immunologist, Metabolic Balance Coach, Natural Nutritionist and Independent Nikken Consultant. I practice in Brighton in the South of England, helping individuals and groups towards the health, vitality and the life they want for themselves. I work under the principle that wellness depends on a balanced holistic approach to living, in all areas of your life: your body, mind, family, community and financial health all have an impact on your wellbeing.

0 comments:

Post a comment

Powered by Blogger.

Statutory Notice: Although every effort is made to keep this information accurate and up to date this is not an official Nikken website. Registered trademarks® of Nikken appear throughout this site. Our Independent Nikken Consultants do not make any medical claims. Nikken products are not medical devices and may not be recommended to treat specific medical conditions. People who are in their first 3 months of pregnancy, or who have a pacemaker, health problem or electronic device (either implanted or external) should consult their doctor or manufacturer of the device before using magnetic products. Do not place Nikken's magnetic products in direct contact with magnetically sensitive items such as watches, video and audiotapes, computer discs, credit cards and portable electronic equipment. It is illegal for a promoter or a participant in a trading scheme to persuade anyone to make a payment by promising benefits from getting others to join a scheme. Do not be misled by claims that high earnings are easily achieved. Any personal data is not shared. Newsletter or blog followers can opt out at any time. If you sign up for my newsletter, which is administered through Mailchimp, I will store some of your information, including your email address, and certain information about the links you click within the emails I send you, on a Mailchimp server. Neither I nor Mailchimp will ever sell your email address or share it with any other party.